Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Organization... tip #1

As much as I like decorating and crafts, it doesn't compare to my LOVE for organization. My house certainly doesn't stay organized and clean on a day-to-day basis (how could it with 3 little tornados constantly running through the house?!), but I'm always searching for ways to simplify and organize my home. So I decided to start a series of organization tips... things that have worked for me and helped make my life easier.

I have a changing table and drawer full of diapers and wipes in my kids' room, but I have found that it's super handy to have a stash in our front room. I'm constantly needing to grab a diaper as I head out the door or changing the baby in the family room while the other kids are asleep in the bedroom. So I keep everything I might need on our bookshelf. Throw it in a basket and it even looks somewhat nice! If you don't have kids, this is a useful idea for anything you use often or need as you're heading out... umbrella, purse, lipstick, gloves, book... whatever. If you put random things that might always be lying on the counter into a basket, it all of the sudden doesn't look like clutter!